Each season of the year brings new opportunities to do fun things with your children. During the summertime, remember that there’s more to do than simply playing outside or going to the pool. With some creative thinking, you can make memories with your children that will last a lifetime.
Here are some great summer activities to do with your kids:
- Have fun with water. If you have small children, consider getting a water table. These tables provide toddlers with opportunities to play with water and toys outside of the tub. Older children may enjoy a run through a sprinkler system to cool off.
- Sell lemonade or other cool drinks. Get your children into the entrepreneurial spirit and have fun at the same time. You can work together to build a stand and some signs. Then set up shop somewhere that you can attract some thirsty customers.
- Volunteer your time. Volunteering is an excellent way to provide for your children a true learning experience while having fun over the summer. Research different programs that allow children to help out in the community. This could set the stage for regular volunteer work in the future.
- Fly kites. Buy a kite at a local store, or make your own if you have the time. Find a safe area to fly kites and teach your children how to get their kites up into the air. Once children learn how to fly kites themselves, it may become one of their favorite summertime activities.
- Make summer themed arts and crafts. Arts and crafts can bring enjoyment to your kids year round, but you can enjoy the summer season by doing crafts that are centered on the theme of summer. Make decorations or design your own t-shirts. Allow your kids to think creatively by coming up with their own ideas.
- Go for a bike ride. If everyone has their own bikes, you can go out for a ride as a family. It’s a great way to bond and enjoy the sunshine. If your children are too young, you can take them for a wagon ride.
- Play backyard games. Head out to the backyard or a local park to play games. You can play traditional sports or make up your own games to play. Take advantage of the season’s warm weather, enjoy each other, and get some exercise at the same time.
- Go to the beach. Declare today a beach day! Grab your beach toys and bathing suits and have a good time in the sun. If you don’t live by the beach, you can create your own beach day anyway. Spread towels on the ground and enjoy the sun or head to a nearby river or lake.
- Go on a nature hike. Whether you’re walking through your neighborhood or a local beach, a nature hike can make you more aware of the beauty of your surroundings. Your children might enjoy creating a collection of things they find in nature, such as rocks and shells.
Keep your kids from getting bored this summer with one or more of these holiday activities. Instead of staying stuck in the house watching TV or playing video games, bond as a family and create lasting memories together!